Operating Table Surfaces
Dabir Operating Table Surfaces are appropriate for all acute-care patients, but particularly helpful to patients undergoing long surgical procedures exceeding 2 hours. Patients immobilized on operating tables may experience impeded blood flow (ischemia) that can lead to tissue damage and cell death.
The Dabir Surface System was developed in collaboration with Dr. Reza Dabir (Cardiovascular Surgeon) after seeing first-hand the tissue damage that can occur as a result of long surgical procedures and extended patient immobilization. Surgeons and perioperative professionals with a goal of reducing the risks of hospital-acquired pressure injuries now have a new alternative for protecting patients, the Dabir Operating Table Surface System:
- Low-profile, alternating support and tissue relief (Only 1” thick when inflated)
- Reduced skin-shear effects due to immersion and alternating inflation
- Semi-disposable / multi-patient-use with standard hospital cleaning regimens
- Intelligent, X-ray translucent and easy-to-deploy surface
- Various sizes and shapes available for Surgical Table
CMS has classified hospital-acquired pressure injuries as medical “never events” and will no longer reimburse their associated treatment costs. A patient outcome with a hospital-acquired pressure injury is NOT an inevitable occurrence. The Dabir Operating Table Surface offers an alternative approach for front-line surgical staff to enhance healthy tissue protocols.
Please call our clinical consultants today to discuss your facility’s needs.